Volunteering with the Arlington Girl Scouts
If you ask most of the hundreds of women and men who volunteer with the Arlington Girl Scouts why they do it, they will say it is for the joy of nurturing the character and values of the girls with whom they work. And it can be a lot of fun!
There are many ways to volunteer with the Arlington Girl Scouts:
- As a Troop Leader, whose role is to plan and facilitate meetings, while increasingly encouraging the girls to progress towards taking more responsibility for troop management as they mature over the years
- As an Assistant Troop Leader, who provides support for the Troop Leader
- As a Troop Cookie Sale Manager
- As a qualified First Aider for outings or camping trips
- As a Service Team member - the Service Team organizes and implements town-wide Girl Scout activities
- Working with a Troop on a special project
Girl Scout volunteers must complete an application and interview and provide three references. Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older but do not need to have school-age children to participate. No experience is required and all volunteers receive training appropriate to the type of volunteering they choose.
If you are interested in learning more about being a Girl Scout volunteer in Arlington, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Leader Forms